Sunday, March 20, 2011

That happy place...

I have a big week coming up. Tomorrow I have week 3 of my adiRuns and then hockey practice straight afterwards. And Thursday is the next girls on top 2 hr run so I had thought I would give it a rest tonight. That was until I came home and opened some potato chips....then received a text from a friend who'd been out for a run. I have a few friends who are trying to get fit and stay fit so I've made promises to encourage them as they encourage me. This text was enough to make me realise the night could go two ways.....I sit on the couch eating chips and then feel blah tomorrow nite for adiRun and hockey, or I get off my butt and run! So run I did. I decided to tackle Mt Eden tonight and while I power walked a couple of the steeper sections I was feeling reasonably ok. I decided to make up for the walked bits by going a longer way home again. As I was running something almost magical happened. Those of you who run a lot will know what I'm talking about. I found myself IN THE ZONE!!!! It feels like you could just run forever and not stop. I have visions of Forrest Gump running along the road with his ever-growing beard just because he can! It's such a great feeling. I was most certainly in my happy place. So I'm home now, feeling pleased with my effort and with no desire to eat those chippies, no matter how scrumptious they are. Besides, my happy place is chocolate coated...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have yet to find that happy place ... unless its when one finally gets home LOL