Saturday, March 12, 2011

Round the Bay - before

Today will be a double posting....a before AND after the round the bays event. For those who don't know check out www.roundthebays.co.nz for more info etc. I only decided to do it on Wed nite after my friend Rhondda talked about it. Am I feeling well prepared? NO. Do I think it will be easy? NO. Do I think I can do it? YES! It may not be pretty but I will complete it. My time is gonna going to have some wondering how on earth I can get fit enough in time for the C2C2012.... I wonder that myself some days....but then I remember it's making choices like this. Choosing to get off the couch and run 8.4km. I'm a little muscle sore in parts still from Thur nite's run, and my knee & hip are definitely still feeling a little battered and bruised, but as a friend of mine often says, "all good"!
So I did what all good athletes in the making do, I had my banana & nutrigrain and I should be ready to take on the world...(unless the adverts are misleading me) and I'm now patiently awaiting the start of the race. There were 40,000 people at last years race, so that'll be a bit of fun sharing the road together. Stay tuned for the post race post.

No comments: