Sunday, March 20, 2011

one tree hill..


Since arriving in Auckland I have looked at One Tree Hill as one of those runs I want to conquer! I have walked it and knew from that encounter that to run the thing would definately require an improvement in my fitness levels.

Well after "one of those days" yesterday it seemed like the challenge of One Tree Hill would be good for the body, mind and spirit. So I made up my powerade (loving the powder by the way) and off I set.

As I started my run from the bottom carpark I felt like an old woman. I knew that heading straight to the top was not even an option so I decided to make my way around the base first and explore Cornwell Park. Beautiful! So glad I did. I was able to loosen up the legs, clear the head and take in the beautiful day.

As I made my way up to the summit it was a mixture of a power walk and very slow plod up! By the time I got to the top I was "glowing" (a polite way of saying sweating like a pig!)

But the pay off for the hard slog up is the quick run down! I loved it! It felt so good to push the body to make the most of every stride. By the time I got down to the car I was spent. Had anything changed in the circumstances of my day? Not really. Did I feel better? Yep a little less foggy. Sometimes in sweating it out I can reminded to not sweat the small stuff....

No comments: