Friday, March 4, 2011

Rain or shine

Saturday was the last day of hockey trials. It bucketed down with rain overnight and was still raining in the morning. But the trials were on rain or shine so I got myself ready and counting our warm up time was running around for 2 & 1/2 hours. The first few minutes I thought I'd not survive in one piece but by the end of it I was feeling good. I got home and thought, why not make the most of this moment....so I ran from home to the bike shop to find out about their group rides....then I ran home again. It was raining but it felt so good to be pushing thru despite the elements. And as I know from past years the weather is not always kind...like 2010's weather!

So it was a good end to the week after not a lot of exercise. My planned first run with "girls on top" multisport club was out the window because of the earthquake in chch and my impromptu trip down to see the family.

So now I'm back on track and ready to do this, rain, hail or shine...preferably not the hail...

No comments: