Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Converstions and challenges

Tonight was no 3 in the adiRun challenge for me. A couple of minutes into it a lovely Irish girl caught up to me and asked if she could run with me. I said yes, while inside thinking "she's going to regret this because of my slow pace" butane ran the whole way together. I was sure I was going to have a slower time because my new Irish running partner liked to talk as we ran, so I felt like I was going to run out of puff before the end! But amazingly I came in under last weeks time. Tonight I ran 32 min 58 sec. Also I have a new partner to run with outside of adirun nites....yay!

After the run I had the dilemma of whether to eat tea as I had hockey practice at 7.30pm (haven finished the run just after 6.30pm). I decided on subway. Hockey was a killer tonight but at the end of it I feel like I've had a fantastic workout. I am tough on myself and have high expectations for myself in most things, and hockey is no different. I have to keep reminding myself it's been 9 years since I picked up a stick and the skill will come back the more I practice. So I'm heading to bed, tired but happy. The biggest challenge of the day and one I will face every tuesday is what to have for tea and when to have it!

No comments: