Thursday, March 17, 2011

it comes down to choice...





Let me begin by commenting on the pics, there are two perspectives of the same location. One from the bottom of the hill looking up at the task before me - reaching the top is the 1/2 way point of the 2 hour run that we did last thursday night. The other is from the top looking down - it looks far more impressive with the eye than the camera on my phone. The third shot is the piece of path that was my downfall last thursday. I was ready for it this week and managed to cross the road without greeting it with most of my body :)

The girls on top group only run every fortnight so I had no scheduled training for tonight. I knew if I went home and sat down on the couch that I may not get up again. The bike is set up on the wind trainer in the lounge but I knew the chances of me doing that were slim.

So I decided I would try and recreate the run from last week and see whether I could remember the course, and whether I felt any fitter.

I did and I did :) Well I found most of the course, there was one bit that I took a wrong turn but was able to find my way to the next bit that I needed to :)

I felt heaps fitter than last week and its amazing how much difference a week can make.

As I reflected on the run I realised that it really does come down to choice. I could have chosen to waste the night in front of the tv, but instead chose to make the most of 2 hours. I could have just given up when I realised I had taken a wrong turn, but I found my way to the familiar again. I could have given up and headed back early since I was running on my own, but I had to prove only to myself.

So I think I made good choices....maybe not the crunchie bar last night..but a treat every now and then is ok by me :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Some anonymous person said ... “There are always two choices. Two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.” Good on you for taking up the challenge yet again :) "Simple but not easy"