Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rest is best

So today I had no scheduled activity and I debated whether or not to run or bike or lift some weights. Then I remembered that resting is also a vital part of life and that includes training. I have my second girls on top run tomorrow and I didn't want to overdo it today and struggle tomorrow, so I rested.

Instead I've been working another vital body part that will possibly turn out to be the most important of all on race day...my brain. I caught up with a good friend who I haven't seen face to face since 2000! It was fantastic to talk about all sorts of things but especially running, physical fitness and the mental stamina required to go the distance. I loved her perspective, her encouragement and her 'research' into running.

So while today has been quiet on the physical front, I still feel like I've done some prep to help achieve the goal of c2c2012.

And I'm learning the art of rest in every area of my life, something I have struggled to embrace at times.

No comments: