Tuesday, May 31, 2011

drills

Another Adirun tonight but with a bit of a twist. They had the 7km option...or speed drills. I wasn't sure about running the 7km and getting back to the shop in a reasonable time so I went for the speed drills session. We ran for a little over a km and then in the courtyard of a beautiful old church we ran some drills. I was able to do some of the drills bt others I knew were going to put strain on my achilles and knew that Simone my physio probably wouldn't be too thrilled. The heel is feeling heaps better than it has been but I know that its not quite there and would HATE to undo all the repair work over the last few weeks. When it came to the hill sprints I did the opposite to everyone else. I walked uphill and ran down. Then we did 30/30 which was basically running between two points as often as possible in 30 secs, then you get 30 sec rest and then go again. We did it a total of 6 times and then ran back to the store. It was a great workout. The heel is a little tender now but I have a few more activities in my tool belt to help with the fitness etc.

On another note, the info came through today for the Taupo based Kayak weekends...exciting :)

No comments: