Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kayak Grade 2 Training

Today is a good day. I have just booked my place in the Grade 2 River Racing Training course that Canoe & Kayak North Shore run. It consists of 3 weekends, one here in Auckland and then 2 in Taupo on the river. I'm pretty excited. It is the Kayak component of the race that gives me the most anxiety. I am hoping I have given myself enough time to get race ready.

The first weekend is happening in 3 weekends time and then 3 weekends after that is the first river weekend in Taupo. Then I will have 3 months before the final weekend and the test for the grade two certificate. I wanted to give myself as much time as possible between the 2nd weekend and the test.

It is a bit of a financial stretch - moments like these I wish someone wanted to sponsor a no name tryhard like me! lol....but it is definitely worth it and really the only way I could even consider getting myself race ready.

So here's to learning to Kayak grade 2 rivers and hopefully having some fun while doing it

No comments: