Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Coast to Coast Movie - A personal challenge



Tonight I went to the screening of the Coast to Coast movie - a personal challenge. It was filmed at last years race. Its about 50mins long and give you a great understanding of just what the race is all about. It was incredibly inspiring and funny and most definitely scary in places (the kayak for sure!).

I bought a copy of the film and I think I will be watching it on a regular basis to remind myself what its about. It was great to hear the chatter of people talking about their own race experiences and even better to hear that some like me are tackling it for the first time.

I had a kayak lesson this morning and while by the end of it my arms were tired I felt much more confident on the water than last time. I have decided I will look to do a kayak package of training weekends. So now it is about saving all my spare cash or finding someone to sponsor me!

I"m excited and more determined than ever to give this my best shot. And I can't wait to see Robyn again next year when he hands me a ginger beer as I cross the finish line!

No comments: