Friday, February 13, 2009

A YEAR CAN PASS SO QUICKLY

Now I'm not even sure if anyone in the world actually even reads this blog, but on the off-chance that someone has been following the progress, they will know that my original intention was to compete in the C2C09. That race is on as I write. The 2 day competitors have completed day one and the longest day guys and gals are probably trying to get some sleep as they have a very early start in the morning.

There is a twinge of sadness in me that I am not competing this year...after all that was my original intention. But I really don't know how I would have been ready to earn the right to start the race. I'm conscious of how quickly the year can go by and am determined not to find myself in the same position next year.

I did get up and go for a casual jog with Aussie this morning but was feeling pretty hammered after the heat and lack of sleep over the last couple of nights, along with the swimming lesson yesterday.

Simon said he'd start to teach me to roll a kayak tomorrow. I'm not sure I'm ready for that so we will see.

I'm feeling pretty inspired right now after watching some of the DVD about Chris Eatough, the guy who was 6x world champ at 24hr solo mountain biking. The guy is a legend and despite coming second in his bid for the 7th straight title win, he still road one amazing race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11oqeJFmeCg

The guts and determination that it takes to put your body and mind through something like that just leaves me speechless....and thinking, I might not be able to do that, but I reckon I might be able to do the 24 hr team race........so its off for a bike ride (after some sleep of course)

No comments: