Friday, February 20, 2009

no matter the weather

After last Sunday's kayaking 'adventure' I took a couple of days break from training. I tried to go out for a run on tuesday but even walking the dog was painful. Aussie is a wonderful motivating factor though to keep going out and training - he's much easier to have around if he's been out for a good run. I've managed to fit in a couple of swims this week working on my breathing and lung capacity under water. Friday the weather turned to custard and its been gross ever since, but since the weather on the day could be like that, or worse, I figure the more I train in it the better.

I've decided that I am going to do the RPM cycling class at the gym during the week as much as possible to really kickstart my cycling fitness. Its a great class and has a real mix of intensity levels and has great music to go with it.

I'm still working out how I can get myself a kayak. I think I would feel much more comfortable being able to have my own kayak to practice in regularly so I am really familiar with it by the time the race comes next feb.

I hope we still have a bit more summer to go before the weather packs in completely but we'll see

No comments: