Monday, February 23, 2009

RPM


Each time I visit THQ (the Salvation Army's national office in Wellington) I am usually asked "how are you?" or "How's things?". It seems that since word is spreading of my intention to enter the C2C10 and the earlier event of the Moonride (in May) the question I have been asked on my previous two visits and no doubt the ones to come is this "have you been out for a ride?" or "how's the training going?"

I'm conscious that I really need to establish my base fitness before working on the technical aspect of mountain biking (and road biking for that matter). So I have decided that I will make use of the RPM class that Les Mills run. Having had a membership at Les Mills for a number of years now I've dabbled with RPM and always enjoyed it, but never made the most of it.

Today I went to the class, got there nice and early, attempted to follow the picture directions of how to set up my bike and look like I knew what I was doing. It was a great class but it didn't take long to realise I had set my bike up wrong. After the class I introduced myself to the instructor, Tony, and asked him to help me get bike sorted.

I thought some accountability would also be a good thing, so I told him my intention with the C2C10 & M/R. He asked me if I wanted to be pushed during the classes. I've told him to give me a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of RPM & adjusting the resistance etc and then go for it.

So whether I'm on my bike, or at RPM I should be able to answer in the affirmative whenever I visit THQ

1 comment:

Ann said...

Hi Shar,
With great antipication I opened up your site to see how your fitness is progressing, only to find that you have taken this bike riding thing too far and rode off into the sunset, maybe?
Have been keen to see how you are getting on and really enjoy reading your blog.
Ann xx
"Sucess comes when preperation meets opportunity"