Monday, February 2, 2009

one step closer

Who needs an alarm clock when one has a dog! 5;15am Aussie (the decided name for new dog) came in and woke me up. I thought about sleeping again but then remembered that Sue was going for her first training run at 6am....and I didn't want to find myself in the position where Sue & Simon complete the coast to coast while I sit on a couch eating potato chips and think about what could have been, all because of my lack of discipline. So I got up and Aussie and I went for a run. We tried to time it so that we might meet Sue at her house but when we got there all lights were off. I was either too early or too late. So off we went. Using the harness was much better than just the collar and I found myself (and the dog) being able to run at a much more even pace today. This probably contributed to my ability today to run for much longer than yesterday and only had to stop occasionally when the dog halted suddenly in front of me, or a car was coming.

So I'm both one day closer and a few steps closer to the race. I'm not yet ready to start a daily countdown....but its coming.

No comments: