Monday, April 11, 2011

It's good to be back...

I know, it's been a while since I blogged. That is a reflection of the sad fact that I have been lacking in the fitness area over the last couple of weeks. For one reason or another it hasn't really been happening. I went for a big walk last Sunday but that was it until Saturday and the taupo 7's sports comp. I went feeling very unfit and was horrified ton discover that we didn't have enough girls to be able to sub on and off...which meant 7 games in a row, followed by 2 more.

Despite being a little sore from all that running around I decided I needed to get back out on the road today. So I went for a run...6km in total. Felt great to be back on the road.

Will definitely have to make sure that it's not so long between runs next time.

2 comments:

mdb said...

The power of social can help! Personally I found that having someone to train with doubled the amount of riding I did. Then when the group grew to 4 the amount of training doubled again!

However that may be a sad reflection on my motivation which tends towards sports analyst (coach potato'ism rather than elite athleticism. However the social aspect brings out my competitiveness!

Get fit ... be social!

Shar said...

you're right Mark, which is why I have been running on tuesdays and every 2nd thursday with a group...circumstances over the last couple of weeks meant I missed those outings. I am a lazy athlete by nature so training with others is incredibly helpful...and why the coast to coast is such a challenge for me and one I so want to conquer :)