Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It has begun

Yay! I finally took my bike out for a real ride. I decided that I would get used to the bike before I attempted getting used to the shoes. That was a great idea if I do say so myself. There is a lot to get used to on a road bike - especially when one has been used to riding a mountain bike or raleigh 20!

I enjoyed being able to get all the pieces of clothing that I had collected over the last few months - cycling shorts, sports bra, cycling top, gloves, helmet and sunglasses.

I looked the part even if I didn't feel it :)

I still have lots to learn and so these next weeks are going to be a real challenge as I learn to make the best use of the bike and its capabilities. A bike is only as good as its rider....the potential is great but if unused...it remains just potential....a little like life really.

No comments: