Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Outrunning Bono and The Edge

So last weekend was the Moonride, and on Sunday afternoon I was feeling both 'fit' and inspired. So I went for a 5km run. It was once I got home that the 'seedy' feeling kicked in after all the physical activity and lack of sleep.

Today I was conscious that the 1/2 marathon is looming around the corner so I decided I would head out for a little run. I had decided that instead of taking the usual route I would go a different path. I decided to run to the place where my friends kid does gymnastics; that way if I was really tired I could just hang out with her and grab a ride home.

The first couple of kms was hard going but I kept reminding myself that the last few runs I have been on it has been that way and it got better. When I made it to the gym I discovered that while Kendal was there, Sue was not. So I had no choice but to continue on my run. I was actually quite ok with that as I was feeling really good and knew that I had more in the tank.

I ended up running for 95 mins and it felt great. I tend to choose U2 as my running partners and today I actually outran them. They finished on the ipod before I did. So it was up to KT Tunstall to get me home.

The new tri shorts worked well too so that bodes well for the C2C10.

No comments: